Terms and Conditions for the 2010 Event
- Definition: ‘The Second Old World Mountain Bike Championships’ (OWMTBC) is a non-competitive celebration of the history of mountain biking. The cycling challenges and activities may be timed for riders’ own information.
- Whilst attention to all matters of safety and security is paramount, the organisers can take no responsibility for damage, injuries, thefts or claims arising whilst travelling to and from, attendance of or participation in this event. By entering the event you are accepting these conditions.
- All participants will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to taking part in any OWMTBC activities upon registration and are required to wear suitable protective clothing including helmets, gloves and eyewear (if appropriate).
- All non-UK attendees are encouraged to possess travel insurance that includes participation accident and emergency cover – further insurance will be available (at extra cost) upon registration.
- All bikes and equipment must be in a suitable and worthy condition for all riding activities – if in doubt, have your bike checked by a professional mechanic prior to participation.
OWMTBC 2010 will be headquartered in Betws-y-coed, North Wales. We will be utilising 2 bunkhouses (‘Vagabond’ and ‘Glan Aber’) on the main street for all our non-cycling activities. All participants are encouraged to stay in the bunkhouses suggested or to find accommodation in Betws-y-coed. Bunkhouses offer showers, self catering facilities, bike storage, internet*, bars and hot food* (*at extra cost).
- Please note that there are few camping facilities nearby.
- Betws-y-coed has a wide range of pubs, restaurants and shops. It also a perfect base to discover North Wales including Snowdonia – see the OWMTBC website for more ideas.
- The event organisation will be in English – there will be Welsh, Dutch and French speakers on hand!
- OWMTBC will provide suitable refreshments during all challenge activities.
- Approximate travel times: Betws-y-coed – Manchester Airport 75 miles/1hr 15mins
- Transport available from/to Manchester Airport Thursday/Sunday on request
- REMEMBER! The OWMTBC is all about original bikes, clothes and the riders… points and prizes to be won over the weekend!
Conway Castle fish and chip supper and OWMTBC pre-event party in Llandudno
Registration, BBQ, Retro Prize Concours & Celebrity Forum – Betws-y-coed
Pairs Trials and XC Challenge events – prizegiving and party – Betwys-y-coed
‘Hair of the Dog’ trail ride, Penmachno - optional
For all other questions – please visit the OWMTBC Message Board – www.owmtbc.org/messageboard/phpBB3/